Current Events Ramblings, June 21

Unless something really strange happens, sometime in the very near future (probably this week) I will be leaving for South Korea to teach English at the Geonggyi English Village.  I have spent the last 6 months trying to find a job, but the "hope" and "change" President Obama promised simply hasn't come my way, nor have I been benefited by the near trillion dollar "stimulus" bill passed by Congress last year that supposedly has gotten our economy back on track.  Well, being a white male, I doubt any of that was intended for me anyway.  The only job offer I received was from South Korea, so that appears to be where I'm headed.  The "English village" I will be working at is about 2 miles from the North Korean border, so if a war starts, I'll get a first hand view.  I'll take some pictures and post them of Seoul going up in smoke from the nuke that Kim Il-jong drops on them.  I'm really not worried about a war between the two countries.  The United States isn't going to let South Korea go to war and the Chinese will prevent North Korea, mainly because we and the Chinese would have to get involved and the last thing China wants in a war with America.  Not because they are afraid of our military, but they are taking us over economically, so why would they risk that by fighting a war with us?  Anyway, my point of this post is that I'm liable to be fairly busy the next few days and if I don't get much posting done, then keep checking because I will be back.  I just don't know when.  God bless you all.