Nobody, but NOBODY, Can Explain This One To Me

A few days ago, I posted an article on this blog entitled "Can Anyone Explain This To Me?" If you have not done so, it might be appropriate to read that post before this one. But basically, the gist of the earlier essay was as follows: If I put a gun to John Doe's head and take his money, that is stealing, it is immoral, and I would be subject to prosecution. Or if I went up to Sam Smith and told Sam to put a gun to John's head and take his money and we would split it, I would still be guilty of theft and criminal activity even though I did not directly rob John myself. No one would disagree with these points. However, I then drew the parallel that if I vote for Bob O'brien and he puts a gun to John's head (the IRS), and he gives me John's money, then somehow, some way, this is morally acceptable just because it has been done through the majority electoral process.(?) I can, in effect, vote to take something from somebody else which is not rightfully mine. At least, that is what we do in this country. I ask for someone to explain to me why it is morally wrong for me to put a gun to John's head and take his money, but it is not morally wrong for me to vote for Bob so that he can put a gun to John's head and give me the money. I still end up with something I haven't earned and is not rightfully mine. Again, read the earlier post for the full discussion.

But, folks, that's not totally, or fully, what is happening in this country today. Here's the sum of what is really going on.

I go up to John Doe, put a gun to his head, and say, "Give me your money, and your children's money, your grandchildren's money, and your great-grandchildren's money." THAT is what is occurring. We are voting for politicians, asking them for government "entitlements" that we cannot, or will not, pay for today, thus putting this burden and cost off on people who haven't even been born yet.

I do not have the words in my vocabulary to express how hideous, disgusting, irresponsible, and horrendous I believe this to be. It is utterly inexcusable behavior for any decent, honorable human being. But it is exactly what the people of America have elected the United States Congress to do, and those people in Congress haven't got the statesmenship or moral fortitude to stop it. Indeed, they thrive on it, and they are the "leaders" of this country. 2700 years ago the wise man said, "Oh, my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err" (Isaiah 3:12). History repeating itself.

Now, you Democrats and liberals aren't going to like this, but this repulsive robbery is largely your fault. It was Democrats and liberals that started and ran the New Deal and Great Society, thus putting into place and operation the welfare state that is rapidly destroying this country financially. And now, Democrat, liberal Barack Obama comes along with his near-trillion dollar "stimulus" plans and health care schemes to add a further financial burden upon--or, more accurately, to steal from--current hard working Americans and generations yet unborn.

Good luck trying to justify that one to anybody who has an scintilla of moral conscience. And you Democrats and liberals can sit there and stew at this article all you want to, you can screech to high heaven, you can walk the streets and call me a fool, or worse--but the New Deal, the Great Society, the welfare state were YOUR ideas--and they are bankrupting this country and unforgivably robbing from and fleecing our children and grandchildren.

But, perhaps the major crime you are guilty of is refusing to learn from history. As in:

"When the people discover they can vote themselves money from the Treasury, that will herald the doom of the Republic."--Benjamin Franklin

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with a result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by dictatorship."--Historian Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler, who wrote that over 200 years ago (all emphasis is mine).

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."--John Adams

We, in the United States of America, think we are immune from the laws of history. I only hope I'm dead before we find out differently.