Current Event Ramblings, September 24

I've started a "Bible Blog Ramblings" section on my main Bible blog.  By going to that blog you can see where all I've posted every day (for the previous five days).  It would be a good idea to hit that blog first for that info rather than searching every blog to see if I've posted on it.

**********
James sent me some interesting information regarding who has prospered during the current recession.  Since January, 2008, employment in the federal government is up 10%.  In local governments, it's down 0.9%, in state governments, down 0.1%, and in the private sector, employment had dropped 6.8%.  In total figures, that's a plus 198,100 for the feds (this does not include the temporary census workers), and a minus 6,000 for states governments, -128,000 for locals, and minus 7,837,000 for the private sector.  Most of that, not surprisingly, has come since January, 2009.  These figures are from the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.

**********
The Koreans have quit chewing on their socks, so I'll get back to work next week.  Maybe that will help with this "dark cloud" depression that has swept o'er me the past 10 days or so.  I guess I'm going to fight this stuff the rest of my life, but there are people a whole lot worse off than I am.  I do wish that thought made me feel better...