Don't Be Surprised At This

I won't comment on the following except to say it was checked out on snopes.com and ask.com and appeared in the Washington Times.  If anyone can show me where this didn't happen, I'll be happy to retract this post.

I'll also say that, if true, I'm not the least bit surprised.  The egalitarian far left hates the hierarchical military and always has.  It's just part of the philosophy. 

"Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. Obama admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"'Look, it's an all volunteer force,' Obama complained. 'Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute...'

"'I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country,' Obama continued. 'I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans.'"