Current Event Ramblings, January 23

It's been a while since I've checked in, so I thought I'd say a few words.  I've tried to do some writing the last week or so, but most of it has been on my Bible blogs, which, again, are far and away the most important.  I have been working some on a 6th cowboy story; I think my readership is demanding such, especially some fellow in the United Arab Emirates who's been reading all of them.  Not sure if we have any troops in that country or not; maybe it's just a cowboy Arab.

**********
I do have some stuff on the drawing board for this blog, when I feel like writing it.  I've got an idea that the United States needs to finally split (something that should have been allowed to happen in the 1860s); let the "progressives" have the North and the Christians have the South, and we'll see who has the better society.  Plus, I have a post entitled "More Government is Progressive??" which I want to write, then an analysis of the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence--at least the first part of it--and I intend to pen an article or two on why I am a Christian, showing that the same historical principles that are used to establish other historical facts are the same principles used to establish the fact that Jesus rose from the dead and is thus the Son of God and Savior of the world.  And I'll show why people don't believe that fact--and it has nothing to do with history.  I find it extremely interesting how many believers in Christianity I have met in Korea, which according to some schools of thought, shouldn't be since this was/is largely a Buddhist country and people aren't supposed to be able to reject the religion they were raised with.  But I make no bones about my religion and I'm frequently wished God's blessings--not Buddha's.    Christianity has nothing to fear from history or any exposure of the truth; and again, that isn't why people reject it.  More on that later.

I've also found some more really good quotes that I want to share with the readers, but I left them on one of the computers in a classrom in the Village, so I'll have to round them up and get them on here.  One especially that I love, that I've been trying to teach for years, but that I can hardly get anyone to believe.  I'll get it on here soon.

As far as Obama is concerned, one can't help but notice that his poll numbers have risen since he's started moving to the right.  If he'll move far enough in that direction, close to Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and Sarah Palin, he's got a good chance of getting re-elected next year.  If he starts listening again to the "progressives" in his party, he'll lose big, like he did in the recent election.  His choice.  If he loses, maybe he'll move back to Kenya which, in his own words (and his wife's), is his "home country."  Let him do to them what he's been trying to do to the United States, though I shouldn't wish that on any nation.